Kidventure’s Learning Circles
As schools, teachers, and our communities move towards creating scenarios for the upcoming school year, parents are faced with an unprecedented challenge to balance the personal safety with the social-emotional health and education of their child. Choosing to have your child attend in-person classes at school or remote learning from home is a complex decision. Furthermore, parents, particularly those who must work, will require support for their children in order to balance all of these factors.
For the past 26 years, Kidventure has provided educational, recreational, and emotional support for thousands of children. Kidventure’s Learning Circles provide a solution for families and one that not only addresses the educational needs of our children, but more importantly, the social and emotional needs of the entire family.
LEARNING CIRCLES COMING TO DALLAS AREA
We are working to open our Learning Circles in the Dallas area beginning October 13th. If you are interested in possibly being a part of a Circle, please complete the following short Request Form.
COMPLETE THE REQUEST BELOW
AMAZING! -Steve Tomlinson
Thank you so much for being so professional, so caring, and for providing this service when we needed it most. -Alice McHenry
My kids have loved Circles every day. You guys are a life-saver. -Jen Turner
We understand how complex the decision process is for your family right now. Our goal is to ease that process, provide for the health and well-being for your child and some peace of mind for your family. We believe that our experience with COVID-19, our organized approach, and our 26 year reputation for caring for kids will provide your family with a rewarding solution as you make those decisions. We’re here for you.
The Learning Circle is a small group of 3-6 children grades K-5 who come together with a Kidventure Mentor to receive support, guidance, coaching, and enrichment. Under the direction of our Mentor, children follow their school’s online curriculum. Mentors provide support and direction and ensure children are on task with the curriculum per they’re school’s directive. In addition, Mentors provide opportunities for recreation, games, and social growth. All exceptionally important during this time period.
Like you, we don’t really know what tomorrow will bring. Schools may change their start times, schedules, or go completely virtual. We are ready. The plan we have established can and will be altered if it benefits our kids and families. That means we all must be flexible, and we all must seek solutions that work for all of us. We’re with you…
The educational curriculum will be provided by your school. We will have a thorough understanding of each child’s schedule prior to the start of the Learning Circle. In addition to facilitating your child’s curriculum, we will provide opportunities for enrichment opportunities designed to help promote the physical, social, and mental health of your child.
Monday – Friday (Your School Times)
Learning Circles will not operate during school holidays and time may vary depending on your school schedule or updates in your school schedule.
Learning Circles will take place in a variety of locations and not someone’s home. It is our intention to open first in Arlington and Circles will begin October 13th. Each location must provide the following amenities and opportunities:
● Comfortable and safe indoor setting, designed with social distancing in mind
● Appropriate desks or workstations where children can work
● Ample lighting
● Adequate wifi broadband for multiple students and staff
● Access to outdoor green space for recreational athletics and games
Schedules will vary depending on your school’s schedule. However, Learning Circles will provide both a Fall 2020 semester opportunity and a Spring 2021 semester opportunity. We will work to combine children of the same school district into their own Circles, thus eliminating any scheduling conflicts.
● To provide a safe alternative to traditional in-class instruction or remote learning at home in small groups
● To provide parents with the opportunity to focus on work knowing their children are cared for, learning, and interacting with others in a safe manner, under established guidelines
● To provide for the mental, social, and physical well-being of our children during these challenging times
● To provide a social network of friends in a safe and nurturing environment
Since June 1, Kidventure has been operating its summer camp programs throughout Texas under a very thorough set of guidelines and protocols we developed in cooperation with our health professionals, the State of Texas, and the CDC. Our experience mitigating COVID-19 and our success rate has allowed us to remain open and flourish during this pandemic. It is this experience that we bring to the Learning Circles to provide for the safety of all children and staff.
|Session Name||Weeks||Price/WK||Deposit Due||Session Total||Remain Bal.||Bal. Due Date|
|3. Oct. 13-Oct. 30*||3.||$250||$350||$700||$350||9-Oct.|
|4. Nov. 2-Nov 20||3||$250||$350||$750||$400||23-Oct.|
|5. Nov. 30-Dec. 18||3||$250||$350||$750||$400||20-Nov.|
*One School Holiday. No Charge.
Learning Circle is offered on a session installment. There are 3 sessions for the Fall Semester. School Holidays are not charged. A non-refundable deposit of $350 is required for each session and applied to the tuition. There is a $50 discount for additional children in the same family (per child). Families are billed for the next session 10 days out from the start of the new session. Session installments subject to change if school alter their schedule.
Installments are nonrefundable and will not be prorated in the case of a partial week for any reason. These funds allow Kidventure to plan appropriately for staffing, supplies, and other expenses for the upcoming week. If you are wanting to cancel your spot in your Circle, we require a 10 day notice. Families are not charged for school holidays and this has been taken into account in sessions.
The process to apply for a Circle is as follows:
1. Complete the Circle Request Form. If you are seeking a Circle as an individual you will indicate that. If you are looking to create a Circle with other students you already have organized, you will also indicate that on the form.
2. Processing the Application. Once the Request Form is received we will work to confirm your Circle and match you with one of our Mentors. Once that is completed each member of your Circle will receive a link to formally register for your Circle. We can not guarantee that all requests will be fulfilled due to space and the limits of our staffing. We will do our very best to fulfill your request and communicate with you at all stages.
3. Preparing for your Circle. Once you are all registered for your Circle, we will send you all preparation information as well as host a Zoom Introduction so you and your child can get to know your mentor and begin creating a positive start.
Circles will consist of no more than 6 children. Our goal is to provide Circles that do not span more than two grades, and who attend the same district or private school in order to optimize the learning environment for each child.
Come to us with a Circle or we will be happy to work with other families to combine children into a single Learning Circle. The Application process will provide you the opportunity to list any other children you wish to be combined with. We can not guarantee that all requests will be fulfilled due to space and the limits of our staffing. We will do our very best to fulfill your request.
We believe conducting Learning Circles in a family home presents a unique set of challenges not inherent in on of our partner facilities. If a family member of the host home shows any symptoms, the Circle would need to disband from that home, the cleanliness of the host home can be an issue, and wifi connectivity can be an issue at many residential address. Furthermore, kids already spend a lot of time at the home. We have greater control of the guidelines for cleanliness and sanitation, our facilities provide opportunity for recreation, and our business grade broadband connections provide greater assurances that kids stay connected.
In cooperation with our medical professionals, the State of Texas, and the CDC, Kidventure developed its COVID-19 Handbook to provide pandemic guidelines for all of its programs, including summer camp and After School programs. That Handbook has evolved since early spring and has formed the basis by which Kidventure operates from a health and safety standpoint. You can view your Learning Circle Parent Handbook here.
The goal of our Learning Circle is to provide an alternative to in-class instruction or distance learning from home. Small Circles of 3-6 children and a Mentor will learn, play, and socialize with safety precautions in place. Kidventure will provide the following:
● Knowledge of your child’s curriculum and his or her schedule
● A professional and fun Mentor to direct and oversee each Learning Circle
● Oversight and management of each Mentor and program by a Certified Teacher
● Extracurricular curriculum and instruction including recreation, games, and projects
● Daily and weekly communications and feedback about your child’s progress
● Regular disinfecting and sanitizing of learning areas
● Stringent guidelines established to help promote the health and safety of your child, your family and our staff
- Face Mask
- Refillable Water Bottle
- iPad or Laptop and appropriate charger that is fully charged each day
- Printed copy of Information on all username and passwords for ensuring kids can access their device and apps
- Headphones or earbuds
- All school supplies required for the successful completion of course work
- Lunch and snack
- A backpack or tote to carry all items
To register and form a Learning Circle, you will submit a Learning Circle Request Form. If you come to us with a Learning Circle of 3-6 children already formed, we will ask that you name each member of your Circle. We will assess the academic grade of all children, confirm the total number of children you want in your Circle, and assess a risk profile for your Learning Circle.
After we have established your Learning Circle, you and each member family will be sent an online registration link. We will work with each family in your Circle to agree on protocols to protect everyone. We ask that each family sign an agreement to work to protect each other both in the Learning Circle and outside of it.
A non-refundable deposit of $350 is due at the time of registration for each session. Payment for each subsequent session you have registered for will be billed 10 day prior to the start of that new session.
Learning Circles are designed for children entering Kindergarten through 5th grade. We recommend that Learning Circles span no more than two grade levels to provide for optimal learning opportunities. Exceptions can be made in some cases.
We will provide a daily update for you to let you know how your child is progressing with his/her curriculum, how they are working and playing with others and keep you updated on any important academic assignments that will require your attention at home.
Absolutely. We are a summer camp company and playing is not only important for your child physically, but for their mental and social well being as well. We will schedule a variety of activities designed to be fun, engaging, and purposeful.
Kidventure works year-round with hundreds of certified teachers and education majors at a number of colleges and universities. These educators are dedicated to the lives of children and are committed to making learning fun and memorable. In most cases, a Learning Circle will be led by one Mentor. That Mentor is typically an education major or a recent graduate. Mentors will be overseen by one of our Certified Teachers. Their responsibility is to work with our Mentors, provide direction and enrichment, and visit our Learning Circles to assess the quality and progress of our small learning groups.
Our college students come from a camp background as well. This means they know how to make learning fun and engaging. In addition, each employee has the following training and qualifications:
● National Background Check
● Minimum of Junior Year at College
● First Aid and CPR Certification
● Trained in our COVID-19 Guidelines and Protocols
● Have agreed to comply with our Health and Safety Protocols outside of work
Yes. We will conduct Zoom Meet & Greets for parents and kids to introduce themselves to the Mentor and fellow classmates prior to the first day. It will be a chance for everyone to get to know each other and an opportunity to ask any questions. We will do this with each individual family and with the group as a whole.
We cannot make any guarantees, but we are open to seeking educators who have experience working with all kinds of learners. We encourage your family to apply and we will look at each application on a case-by-case basis.
Mentors will be responsible for wiping down tables and high touch surfaces during certain times of the day and at the end of each school day. In addition, our host facilities will have a schedule for cleaning of other areas such as restrooms and common areas.
Per the CDC updated strategy for isolation, In the case of a student or staff member who was diagnosed with COVID-19, If your illness was managed in isolation at home you can leave isolation once your designated health practitioner has confirmed:
- at least 10 days have passed since the onset of symptoms
- and there have been no symptoms of the acute illness for the previous 72 hours
Because we wear masks at all times when social distancing can not be maintained, the cohort (or circle) does not need to quarantine. When an individual tests positive for COVID-19, we will notify all parents or guardians of students in the small group. A parent or guardian should pick them up immediately.
In the case of a student or staff member who was diagnosed with COVID-19, If your illness was managed in isolation at home you can leave isolation once your designated health practitioner has confirmed:
- at least 10 days have passed since the onset of symptoms
- and there have been no symptoms of the acute illness for the previous 72 hours
Kidventure will work to provide a substitute during their absence.